Outlook remains positive for the M&A market
The publication "Global dealmakers: Cross-border M&A outlook 2019" by Mergermarket shows that the market remains reasonably positive about the M&A activities for the coming 12 months. Around 150 worldwide dealmakers, parties who regularly realize acquisitions, were involved in the study.
The most important conclusions are:
- 54% of the respondents expect the M&A activity to increase during the coming years.
- 71 percent of respondents plan to increase their cross-border M&A spending, compared to 61 percent of respondents who intend to do the same when it comes to domestic M&A transactions.
- Almost half of the dealmakers expect competition for M&A deals to increase in the coming year.
- Import tariffs and trade barriers are expected to become the main drivers for realizing acquisitions.
- The European market suffered in the first half of 2019 with uncertainties regarding the Brexit, trade disputes, declining growth in the Eurozone and continuing political uncertainties. Deal values and volumes decreased by 38% and 11% respectively compared to the first half of 2018.
- The technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) sector and the consumer sector are the most wanted sectors for an acquisition.
Bron : executive finance.nl